Trauma Practice Book
Book: Trauma Practice: A Cognitive Behavioral Somatic Therapy
Our newest book, Trauma Practice? now in its 4th edition, is back by popular demand, an essential reference and tool-kit for treating trauma survivors – now updated and even more comprehensive
- Provides a 4-phrase approach to trauma treatment
- Details step-by-step guidance on nearly 70 cognitive behavioral and somatic techniques
- Introduces a new preparatory phase for practitioners
- Explores therapist self-regulation
- Includes a chapter on Forward-Facing® Trauma Therapy
- Incorporates the latest evidence base, including polyvagal theory
- Includes downloadable handouts, and new audio/video material
“This new and updated revision of the classic go-to book for trauma therapists has everything a therapist might need to stay informed on the newest research, experience, and thinking on trauma. The authors describe in detail the Tri-Phasic model, which focuses on establishing safety, working through, and reconnection treatment phases. Therapists treating childhood emotional neglect and all other forms of trauma will find answers, support, and guidance in this data-driven book.”
– Jonice Webb, PhD, clinical psychologist, and Internationally Bestselling author of Running On Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect and Running On Empty No More: Transform Your Relationships
"Anyone who likes to work with structured, ready-to-use materials and is inclined towards the CBT approach should use this book. The book is a classic and full of useful and effective exercises. In particular, the description of helpful rituals is of the highest value, both scientifically and practically."
– Andreas Maercker, PhD, MD, Professor and Chair, Division of Psychopathology and Clinical Intervention, University of Zurich, Switzerland
"Trauma Practice: Required reading! In this fourth edition, Baranowsky and Gentry have once again given practitioners a toolbox full of useful clinical skills."
– Robert T. Muller, PhD, Professor, York University, Toronto, ON, Canada; Author of Trauma and the Avoidant Client; Fellow of the International Society for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation