Preview Copy of What Is PTSD?
“What Is PTSD? 3 Steps for Healing Trauma”
Recognized as an Indispensable Resource for Trauma Survivors
Toronto, Canada / Redmond, Washington, USA – Dr. Anna Baranowsky and Teresa Lauer, LMHC announce the release of their new book, “What Is PTSD? 3 Steps to Healing Trauma” for trauma survivors and trauma professionals.
The headlines herald the tragedies: A mall shooting, a sexual assault following a kidnapping, a military combat veteran suffering the effects of PTSD. But these headlines tell only part of the story: What is the aftermath of these traumatic events? 800,000 people search the Internet each month for “PTSD” and millions more search for relief from depression and anxiety, two debilitating results of PTSD left untreated. Behind each search is a person whose life has been shattered by this traumatic experience.
“What Is PTSD? 3 Steps to Healing Trauma” is the culmination of having treated thousands of trauma survivors. Baranowsky and Lauer present their newest books the perfect companion for gentle recovery from trauma, introducing techniques and strategies that have helped thousands of clients embark on their own healing journey. They share with their readers – trauma survivors and trauma professionals alike:
- Three essential steps to healing trauma – Finding Calm, Remembering your Trauma, and Beginning to Live Again!
- How the mind and body work in determining its unique response to trauma
- How to stay present when recovering from trauma
- Healing with new energy, no matter how long ago the traumatic experience
- Highly effective coping techniques to help alleviate even the most distressing symptoms
- Recovery stories of trauma survivors, providing hope and inspiration
- Significant ways to reconnect with others while moving forward in four critical areas for healing
- Over 20 specially designed exercises to help the trauma survivor understand their feelings and where they are in their healing from Post Trauma Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Numerous worksheets for each Step in the journey
“What Is PTSD? 3 Steps to Healing Trauma” is available in paperback and Kindle on Amazon.com and through retailers, libraries, and academic institutions throughout the US and Canada. The WhatIsPTSD.com website is committed to helping survivors of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Dr. Anna Baranowsky, Ph.D., C.Psych, is the director of the Traumatology Institute providing training, consultation and service. She is dedicated to the care of trauma survivors in her practice and focuses on empowering individuals, groups and communities to build skills for self-care and resiliency. In her role with the Institute, she provides comprehensive trauma care training and compassion fatigue resiliency programs to professional care providers.
Teresa Lauer, LMHC is a therapist specializing in Marriage and Family Systems Theory with advanced expertise in how trauma affects the individual, couple, children, seniors, and those with special needs (Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, and Learning/Developmental Disorders).